Top Agent Magazine
LIGHTNING RELEASES (8/19/2014) – With more than $220 million in sales to her credit, since 2004 Marcel Hensley has certainly be come synonymous with real estate success in Temecula and Murrieta, yet she chalks most of her success up to merely caring about people. “No other agent will take better care of their clients. I’m not going to sell homes in Orange County, or San Diego, but I know Temecula and Murrieta, and my commitment to my clients is clear to them. I am an aggressive agent, who will get the job done while looking out for their best interests,” she says.
It’s been that way since the beginning of her career more than 10 years ago. “I had been in sales and marketing previously, so I was comfortable with it,” she says. However, what she wasn’t comfortable with was all of the travel that her previous position required. “My territory was half of the United States, and I had two young children. I knew that real estate was essentially sales and marketing so it made sense,” she explains. When she did make the change she found that real estate came very naturally to her.
“I knew a lot of people, and I just started telling them that I was in real estate. I talked to a lot of people, and I did begin with farming one area,” she recalls. From there Marcel’s business took off. She earned the Rookie of the Year Award after her first year, and by her second year she was the top agent in her office. By her third year in real estate she had added an assistant and a buyer’s agent to her team. Today, she remains a top producer, as leader of the Hensley Group with Keller Williams, and regularly closes more than $20 million in sales each year.
Of course, with additional experience and ongoing education, Marcel has found ways to improve on her skills over the last ten years. “I’ve taken a lot of courses, and I now cast a very wide net with marketing. We are on the first page of real estate magazines locally, we are on Face book, and we do a lot of marketing on the internet with Zillow and Realtor.com,” she says. She’s also implemented consistent follow up with her clients. “We send an email to our database twice a month, and a custom real estate magazine with good, local real estate information every two months. We also make sure our clients know that we are always here for them, no matter how long after the sale. We are a great resource for referring service providers, and we encourage our clients to contact us at any time, with any questions,” she adds.
Marcel’s thriving referral business serves as testament to her superior knowledge of her communities, and her dedication to doing whatever needs to be done to ensure happy clients. In fact a full 60% of her business comes directly from referrals. “Personally and
as a team, we are heavy listing agents with 65% of our business stemming from listings,” she says. Yet, she does have a dedicated buyer’s agent who focuses exclusively on the remaining 35% of the Hensley Group’s business.
As for the future, Marcel plans to continue to do what has proven successful in the past. “I’m in my business every day. I work very hard. I don’t set specific production goals, because I just work hard every day,” she says honestly. She is also candid about the fact that she has no plans to grow the team much larger. “I would never want to get so big that I had to delegate everything out, and not be able to personally help my clients. So we will grow only to the point that I can continue to provide great service. We want to run a great business, but we’re not trying to conquer the world,” she says with a laugh.