Chrysler “Sneak Peak in the Future” Reveals Auto Industry Back on Track for Growth
Chrysler and Fiat dealers from around the world descended on Las Vegas for a “Sneak Peak in the Future” event and according to attendees the future for Chrysler and the auto industry looks very bright.
The event was held at the MGM Grand hotel on the Vegas strip at the hotel’s “Arena” space and it had all the Vegas glitz including sound, lighting, smoke effects, an enthusiastic crowd, and a performance by Seinfeld. That’s not what most of the 6,000 attendees from over 51 nations were there for, however. They were there to see the new products offered by Chrysler and hear get a feel for the state of the company and the auto industry. Those who carefully reviewed the new products were quite impressed and left using words like, “quality” and “impressive.”
Some of the new products on display at this year’s event were:
- The Chrysler 200 – AFiat-based vehicle that in attendance agreed is destined to be a winner in the product category and much needed improvement over the previous model.
- The Chrysler 100 – Also Fiat-based and a new small car that will most likely be part of the 2015 new car line.
- The Ram – A revolutionary new truck with a multi-speed transmission and that has greatly improved fuel economy. This truck will certainly be very popular in its category.
- Jeep – The Jeep line is undergoing a great evolution in design. The Grand Cherokee has been updated, there will be an all new Liberty that is a huge improvement over previous models and there is even a tiny new Jeep model on the horizon.
- Vans – There is a new full size work van that id Fiat-based and that is much needed in the industry as well as a smaller work van that will prove very popular.
- SRT is becoming a separate franchise for low volume sales and its going to be more expensive and exclusive.
- Fiat displayed several new and innovative products that will drive volume in Fiat dealerships but also help Chrysler exclusive dealers as the company’s profitability is impacted by all product sales.
- Viper – The Viper is back and was the star of the show! The new Viper is a luxurious super car that starts at an asking price of $120,000. Only 2,000 will be built each year and each will be totally custom made and designed.
Chrysler-Fiat Chairman Sergio Marchionne was on hand to motivate those in attendance and almost everyone left the show feeling that Chrysler/Dodge/Ram/Jeep is on track overall and is the fastest growing car company in North America. All were impressed by the future product plans and the steady hand of the company’s leadership.
For local dealers like Greenway Autos of Morris, Illinois, the news could not have been better. After four long years of slow sales the auto depression appears over and the future of Chrysler, its dealerships and the surrounding communities appears bright.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.